University of Oxford
MSc in Comparative Social Policy
Thesis: Inclusive education to inclusive employment: The impact of inclusive education on economic outcomes in Ontario and Alberta
University of British Columbia
Disability Rights UK
The Future Leaders Trust
Oxford Students’ Disability Community (OSDC)
- High proficiency with collecting and collating statistical data from a wide variety of sources, and analysing data with Stata, R and Microsoft Excel, including using macros and VBA in Excel.
- Experience of quantitative spatial analysis using GIS software and R.
- Experience with interviewing, process tracing, discourse analysis and policy analysis.
- Exceptional communication talents in writing and public speaking, creating presentations and reports that are precise, meticulous and easily understandable, even under time constraints.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with the full Microsoft Office suite, project management software, Salesforce, web content management systems and LaTeX.
Peer Reviewed Publications
Odell, E. Lonely Schools: The Relationship between Geographic Isolation and Academic Attainment. Educational Research. Issue 59, no. 3. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00131881.2017.1339285 DOI: 10.1080/00131881.2017.1339285 Accepted Manuscript: https://evanodell.com/files/Lonely-Schools-Odell-2017-AM.pdf
Odell, E. Hansard Speeches and Sentiment V2.1 [Dataset]. https://zenodo.org/record/780985 DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.820163 Docs: https://evanodell.com/projects/datasets/hansard-data
Fellows, T. and Odell, E. Executive Headteachers: What’s in a Name? A Review of the Literature. NGA and TFLT. http://www.nfer.ac.uk/publications/EXEC01/reviewofliterature.pdf
Theobald, K. and Odell, E. Isolated Schools: Out on a Limb. Future Leaders Trust. http://www.future-leaders.org.uk/documents/195/Isolated_schools_Out_on_a_limb.pdf
Guest Lecturer on the Interdisciplinary Studies in Global Health and Disability programme. Bader International Study Centre, Queen's University (Canada). London.
Panel appearance with Joanne Cooke and Graeme Atherton, moderated by Lisa Cameron. 2017. Priorities for Increasing Disabled Student Participation in Higher Education. Westminster Higher Education Forum Keynote Seminar: Disabled students at university - facilities, support services and the impact of funding changes. London.
Panel appearance with Chris Holmes, Huma Munshi and Natasha Hirst, moderated by Debbie Foster. 2016. The Role of Worker Representatives and Disability Advocacy Organisations in Supporting Disabled Employees into the Labour Market and in Employment and Improving Workplace Well-Being. Closing Disability Gaps at Work. London.